Most of you are probably familiar with the concept of rooting, the process of allowing Android smartphone and tablet owners to attain privileged control over the operating system. Rooting is fairly simple and it can be very beneficial as it makes you Super User (SU) and lets you use your phone in a way that you could never before!
Main benefits of rooting are:
- Updated OS version: The most important reason for which you might want to root your phone is because after rooting, you can install and use the latest android version without waiting for manufacturer to provide an update. The latest version means the more exciting features.
- Full control over Android: After rooting, you will be able to manage many system files, use themes, change start-up pictures and top of all remove bloatware that could takes up space and could potentially speed up your phone. This feature of deleting the built-in apps is not available otherwise and it takes a lot of space of internal memory, leaving a little space for the apps of user’s choice.
- Custom ROMS: in your rooted phone, if you do not like stock Android, there are tons of other customized ROMs offering unique features and improvements to the default Android experience and find the best one for you.
- Backup and restore the whole system: On most rooted Android devices, you can back up your entire system to an SD card. This is great if you’d like to try a new ROM, as you can back up your phone, wipe it completely, flash the new ROM, and if you don’t like it, just restore from your backup to get your device back to exactly how it was before you wiped it.
- Run Special Applications: There are many apps that are not available on non-rooted devices but can be installed to rooted devices. These apps include the backup apps like Titanium Backup, custom ROM managers, Screenshot apps for phones that do not provide this feature etc.
It might look appealing to root your phone but it is sometimes criticized for compromising handset’s security. It also voids the manufacturer warranty so you must take decision of rooting very carefully and if you are a fun loving person, rooting is your thing.